Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Going too fast!

I know I sound a bit like one of the kids, but why is it the countdown to something good (like Daddy coming home) lasts sooooo much longer than the time or event you've been waiting for? I know that 12 days is not nearly long enough for any of us, but now I'm starting to feel sad and trying to prepare the kids for Monday morning, when F flies out again to Okinawa. I know that H will not understand, although he did say we need to start another countdown calendar for when Daddy comes home again, so perhaps that was a hit after all.

I am just a wimp and can't face the prospect of a countdown that lasts into the hundreds, so perhaps we'll do one for Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas, then daddy coming home, or at least one that incorporates those dates as well. Otherwise, the large number of days that drag on between now and then would just be too overwhelming for me.

I've been spoiled having F home, and just can't face the idea of him leaving again so soon, although I always knew our time would be short for now.

No comments: