Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So what have you learned?

"So what have you learned, Dorothy?" Or perhaps more apt, "Hey JoJo what do you say? We all want to know what you learned today!" Eight months two days since I started this blog and here is what I come up with at 1 a.m. the night before it allegedly ends...

Well, I've learned that if you have family and friends, you can survive anything. I've learned that if the military can goof it up, they will (kinda knew that one though, didn't I?). I've learned that I can do things on my own that I never dreamed possible even though a brave face and bravado of the mouth may state otherwise.

I have learned that my children really are fabulous kids who are sensitive to other people and resilient in a way that only a military child can be. I've learned that you can't listen to what other people say about doctors, hospitals and their experiences but rather you must explore options for yourself to see what really works.

I've learned that knitting is a GREAT way to pass the time when you are cooped up UNLESS you are trying to feed a baby who likes to grab yarn or tending to toddlers with their own agenda(s). I've learned that paper or plastic is the wrong question, because cloth is WAAAAAYYY better (both in diapers and shopping bags).

And I've learned that a "good night's sleep" can be defined as less than 5 hours and you can still be bright eyed for homecoming!

No comments: