Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LOVE Continental Air

Okay, actually I am indifferent to whether or not they retain pillows or rent blankets or offer free coffee, because what they DO that is fabulous is change flights for military members whose wives are displaced by hurricanes without charging the $350 change fee! Of course, we had just booked F's flight home for October so he can meet baby the week before we were evacuated. I had expected a change fee of a hundred dollars or so, but was in absolute tears at the thought of the fees listed on Orbitz. I called the airline directly, was connected almost immediately with a live person and was told a similar fee. I explained our situation and after brief consultation with her supervisor, the representative was able to waive the fee and change his ticket for the difference in fare - in our case $17.00. This restores my confidence in the goodness of people and even the understanding of corporations to a degree.

So, with that major step complete, and being settled in at the in laws, we now return to awaiting baby's arrival, followed by daddy's arrival with a lighter heart and easier mind. The local doctor's office is not interested in or able to see me until Friday, so I will relax and wait out the rest. I suppose I should at some point deal with insurance companies to make sure that is set, but I think I'll wait on that for another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you sister, I'm so glad they were able to do that for you. A little faith in humanity.
I finally go our website up : ) blog and all.
Miss you,
~A