Monday, August 25, 2008

37w 2d and...

I missed my doctor's appointment with my regular doc. There was a traffic fatality on the highway that I take to get to Keesler, and the detour (the only one I could find) was backed up to the point that I spent over an hour and thirty-five minutes to get there, when it normally takes me 35-40. I called in, and they couldn't get me in later, so they simply scheduled me for next week.

Seemed kind of odd that last week it was imperitive to be induced this week or my child could die, and this week it isn't even necessary to meet with the doctor. So, I simply went to my NST and baby did really well quickly, which was a relief. It did take a while to get cleared by the doc on call, but then he did a quick scan to check fluid levels, and also briefly addressed my (minor) concern about aging placenta, which proved to not be an issue at this point, which is good. He also encouraged me to consider induction, and offered to check for dialation, which he did. Things are moving on their own right now and so far I'm dialated to 1 or 1 1/2. That is kind of scary because that was how far I was dialated when I went into labor with H, and he was born four hours later.

So, perhaps this is the week after all if baby decides to come on his or her own. I am just really hoping to avoid a "labor day" baby just because the crazy irony of the name - laboring on labor day? No thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Was reading your blog from a random check of your website, life is busy and hectic and gets away from me, but I do think of you often. I wished we lived closer so we could maybe someday see each other again! I will be praying that everything goes well for you and your little one. Sounds like challenging times with F away - I'll be reading to stay on top of it - your old friend - Caryn