Friday, August 1, 2008

Guess I should get ready

So, this recent "scare" about induction in three weeks or so has made me realize how very NOT ready I am to have this kiddo. Not that I am not physically ready, I mean I am HUGE and the turkey baster button that is my belly says time's up, but as far as baby "stuff." I did go out today and buy a coming home outfit for baby if he's a boy - its green with brown trim and writing that says "mommy's new man" which I thought was kind of appropriate since F is gone and all. I already found a girlie one at Children's Place when I was in NH, so that is now pretty much done.

I went into the closet and pulled out the newborn gender neutral outfits I could find and threw them into the wash along with all of the newborn cloth diapers and covers that I have. Those are drying, and I guess its time to finish emptying the baby dresser from K's closet and put things away in there. I think that will give me a better feel for what I have and what I should look at buying, if anything. Although, if it stays this hot, we won't need clothes for this kid, since its so stinking HOT I'll leave him or her to run nakey in a dipe as much as possible.

As for me, well, I guess I'm ready mentally. There doesn't appear to be much I need to do at this point, although I suppose I should grab some sweats and such for kicking around the hospital and things like that. There are all kinds of lists out on the web of things you "have to have" in the hospital and so on. I think, as long as I have a book or something and clothes and my camera, well, most everything else should provide itself. I don't really see a need for much else other than the baby outfits and such.

The kids, well, I need to get together with my friend that I plan to have watching them sooner rather than later so they can get used to her again and her kids again so that they feel slightly more comfy at their house, as needed. Hopefully, I won't be stuck at the hospital for more than a short while, a day or less if all goes well, and therefore it would be a short overnight for them, or perhaps less if I go into labor at night (assuming I avoid the induction issue entirely).

In any case, I guess I'm not as ready as I had hoped, but I'll get there and things will work out as they always do. I guess taking 9 weeks off may not have been a wise move so late in the game, but there are really very few moments of the trip that I would trade for anything, so I now live with those repercussions. As the kids favorite movie right now, "Meet the Robinsons" preaches, I'll "Keep moving forward" and it will all work itself out!

No comments: