Thursday, August 28, 2008

Packing it in

That's it. I'm done. Come Saturday we are heading to MA to the in laws until after baby comes. The uncertainty of hurricane season is outweighing the uncertainty of finding and utilizing a new doctor and new facilities at 38w pregnant, so the kids and I will be packing up tomorrow and Saturday and driving to the Berkshires for a lovely autumn in New England.

Hopefully, baby will take his or her time and arrive once we have settled in a touch. I won't be able to use the local hospital, rather have a 45 minute (roughly) drive to the "big city" once in labor, but after weighing all options, it really does seem to be the best idea for all of us. I hope to return home about two weeks after baby comes so that Daddy can meet the little one and catch up with the bigger kiddos.

H is just mad because he wants to stay and see Elmo next week, who is coming to the Keesler (Gustav permitting) on tour. I just told him about it yesterday, and when I asked him if he'd like to go see Grandma and Grandpa for a little while, he said, "No, thank you. I just wanna go see Elmo and Cookie." When asked, K said, "No, thank you. I want to stay at my house and watch Pablo/'Niqua." (The Backyardigans) At least they were polite in their refusal to accept reality!

No comments: