Wednesday, August 27, 2008

As if there weren't enough

apparently there is a good chance that Tropical Storm/soon-to-be-Hurricane Gustav is likely headed our way, depending on tracking. Lovely! I called the L&D peeps, and they said they don't really close until the base CO says to close, then they immediately stop taking patients and make arrangements to transfer all current patients to other hospitals and such. Lovely!

I have briefly considered induction this week to be "done" but if things went badly and I ended up with a c-section, I would not be allowed to drive for 2 weeks, which would make evacuation afterwards with the kiddos impossible. And if things went well, even travelling feeling pretty good with a newborn and two toddlers does not sound very appealing.

So, now I look at my options and plan to pack things up to be on the safe side - photos, important papers, clothes for the kids (all three of them?) and myself. I'm also trying to plan food and drink for the car, toys and other entertainment. I am almost thinking I'll pack almost exactly as I did for our road trip around the country earlier this summer, only adding clothes for the new monkey and a few post-partum things for myself. If, God-forbid, this is another Katrina-type storm, I will likely not be back here for a while so I need to be prepared for that possibility.

Now, where to go...

No comments: