Thursday, May 15, 2008

Anxious to get going

Well, today was a productive day - got the kids stuff packed and into the car and got my stuff packed and into the car. I also assembled the questionable seat for H and it seems to work for him, so I will keep it - there was a padded liner that I removed and it made a world of difference in how he fit. Also, the shoulders are padded rather than fitted, so he can rest on a pillow-like seat, rather than the harder shell I feared was squishing him. He absolutely loves it, and I think it was a good move, even though he did have about an inch of room left to grow in his torso in the old seat. But, this seat has a cup holder and that makes all the difference in the world!

I also got the garage cleaned out and parked Frank's beast in there. That was a nice task, but I'm proud to say I backed that thing in there "all by self" as Miss K would say, and I didn't run over anything or break anything or even hit anything. (Okay, confession, there is a rubber-like seal around the garage door and I whispered it with the mirror, but that doesn't count AND that mirror was already broken.)

We also managed a nice brunch at Laura's house, which was a break I surely needed, although I'm sure the kids would have rather been playing somewhere with other kids or something, but since it was a darn monsoon this morning, they'd have been cooped up at home anyway. Besides, this gave them an excuse to wear their new rain boots!

I'm chomping at the bit to leave, and have thought seriously about taking off tomorrow, but I do realize I still have more to do before I go, and the kids can use another trip to the playground before I shove them into a car for a week (even in a new car seat!). I still haven't found a DVD player that I am happy with, so I will have to see how far we get without one on Saturday. If nothing else, I can try and pick one up at Target in Hattiesburg, which is only an hour+ away.

Tomorrow, other than the playground, I will be packing up the last minute stuff, tossing perishable foods from the fridge and cabinets and generally doing some last minute organization. I'm surprised at how little space I have used in the van thus far. I'll have to take pictures when its all packed because you know you never get things back in as organized as you start, and there will always be more stuff you accumulate along the way.

No comments: