Saturday, May 24, 2008

Settling in

Well, we safely arrived and have been settling in. It's weird going back to a childhood home for a length of time, knowing that your children will be living where you once lived for a while. Of course H had taken to calling each friend's house or hotel room our "new house" so I don't know that he appreciates "home" as much as I had hoped. There are so many things I want to do while here in town, and places I want to go. Some of them are child friendly, but many are not, so I'll have to determine which are realistic to do in a six week time frame.

F finally got his much deserved promotion back to where he started in the Reserves, and he did so well on the test that he will (hopefully) get paid for it in the next month or so. He's not sure when he'll actually start "wearing" it, but I know that he's pretty excited to be back up with the "big kids" at the table, even if he's a relatively junior E6 now. (Pondering whether or not his previous time in rate as an E6 would count - surely not!)

We've been looking at swimming lessons for the kids while we were here, but the session that I swear I saw is no longer listed, and now they would have to do 4 mornings a week for 2 weeks, which might be okay, but I don't know if I want to commit to that frequency, if only for a short period. I really wish there was a different schedule, the one I swear that I saw originally, which was two mornings a week. (pout, pout, pout) Ah well, the kids have tons of toys to play with here, in addition to the ones that we brought from home, and I have a feeling they won't be "bored" even if we stay here the whole time and never set foot outside of the nearby vicinity.

No comments: