Friday, May 30, 2008

Counting blessings

Yesterday was our fourth anniversary and I was prepared to be maudlin or at least upset at some point about being "so far away" from each other. I had a fitting for my Maid of Honor Dress for A's wedding next month, and it was a perfect day to have been at a bridal shop and feeling nostalgic for four short years ago. Surrounded by all of the fluffy white dresses as I tried on my new pink dress that I will wear as my baby sister takes the same vows we did was the perfect way to spend some time on this day.

And about those four years; I cannot begin to fathom how differently our lives have progressed from that time to this. We've moved (twice) and changed jobs (uh, how many times?) and most importantly, we have two beautiful kiddos who are now running our lives in a manner we might never have imagined, and another who will be joining us soon.

We woke this morning to our first sunny day in OR, and that is just one more reason to be thankful.

No comments: