Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Progress? 1 step forward, 1 back

Okay, so my plan is all out of order, and the kids needed some attention and love today so we hit the children's museum today and played all morning until lunch time. K had to rest after, so we came home, even though H said he didn't want to go home. He cracks me up. Their LeapPad stuff had come in just as we were leaving, so he was pretty jazzed about checking out his new toy when we got home. So much so that he woke up K getting out of the car and they were both chomping at the bit to play their new "video games." Unfortunately, we had no batteries and they came without batteries, so we had to go to the store before playing. UGH!

We also found another game for H for his, so now he has Cars and Dora and she has Dora and Pooh. And we have batteries. I was a little worried that K wouldn't get it, but she seems to enjoy it so far and pushes the right button for the most part to get the "story" to read. (Oh, don't we know she's good at pushing buttons!)

While at the store, I saw a DVD player and picked it up thinking I'd simply throw the old 2nd screen up with it and we'd be golden, but alas, when we got home, I look and the 2nd screen was somehow shattered while hanging in the car, mounted for viewing. Don't know how that happened, but UGH! So we take the new one back because we definitely need 2 screens so that Katherine can go back to her normal seat, from the far back, so we can pack the van better. GRRR!

Later in the day, we went to the Evil Empire (Wal-Mart) and picked up H's new big boy car seat, a Graco Nautilus. Unfortunately, I think that is going back tomorrow too. It seems too narrow and uncomfortable in the shoulder area and it is supposed to be a seat that will last him until it converts to a booster seat a few years down the road. No thanks. So that means, a little big more expensive seat, but one that will fit him better. And I think I'll wait until after we get back, as the new seat is a Britax (Frontier), like his current seat, and they go on semi-annual sale each September, so we'll perhaps try again then.

I did manage to get the kids extra clothes packed into tubs, as well as my extras. I have most of the travel bags packed, but have a bit more laundry to do. I want to clean all of the sheets and leave the beds unmade when I leave with all sheets in the linen closet, except, perhaps the ones on my bed. The guest room is next, I think. In any case, I feel good about the packing. I also got the first layer of bugs off the car at the base car wash, but I need to hit one in town because the one here didn't have a brush or anything, just the pressure wash hose.

Tomorrow, I hope to get rid of our extension ladder. Someone has asked for it from craig's list, so hopefully it will also be gone tomorrow. We've done okay with the craig's list here in MS. More travelling cash, especially when added to our stimulus package check which is set to deposit tomorrow for availability on Friday. Wooo Hoooo!

No comments: