Friday, May 16, 2008

Best of intentions

So, I had planned to take photos of the car all loaded up and ready to travel, but instead I was feeling lucky to simply get it loaded down and ready for travel. I was also able to get rid of a ladder that we listed on Craigslist a few weeks ago. Someone finally asked for it, and unfortunately I had to strap it onto the top of the van and take it out there (Orange Grove for those who know the area). I am not quite as good at that as F is, and half way down the major road that you take to get there, the ladder about blew off of the van, just sideways, but scared the poop out of me.

Well, we have another $60 in travel money for my efforts, although the deductible if I had smashed anyone's car would have been far greater, I'm sure. And now we have further space in the garage for more crap. Or at least more space in the garage.

The van is packed, except for the cooler and snacks and a few last minute doodads that I'm sure I'll add. I need to get H's Leap Pad in the car, the potty and my meds and such. (Hopefully my body pillow and regular pillow - I love those!) There is actually still a little room left as a path from front seat to rear seat so I can work with car seat buckles and such. I also have a load of laundry in that I swear I will forget and leave soaking wet (ugh!) I stopped the cycle with it full because the kids had some spills on their clothes - go figure. I do still need to find a DVD player while we're on the road. Can't believe nobody in the whole town carries dual screen DVD players in their stores in this whole town.

I did remember to go to the housing office and sign out for our trip, but I didn't get in touch with the cable co. to turn off service or the post office to forward the mail - ugh! Oh well, one can only remember so many things at a time. Have to get the keys to the neighbor and that's about all I can do. I'll try to call the cable co. from the road, I guess since it seems silly to pay $120 a month for cable/internet/etc when we're not here. Grrrr can't believe I forgot that one!

So, the kids are wired, and I think we might be in for quite the night. I'd better start trying to get them down for the night so we can get up and hit the road bright and early. Wish us all luck!

No comments: