Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The "last straw"

So, I've decided we're leaving here Saturday, with or without doctors appts or whatever else the world may throw at us. I found something in our upstairs bathroom that cinched the deal. I don't know for sure, but I am convinced it was a ROACH! I can't swear that it was, because I don't know exactly what they look like, but whether it was, or whether it wasn't, it now resides in the bowels of the shopvac. I carried our huge shopvac upstairs to suck it up with because I knew I wasn't touching it, and I don't think our mini-sweeper would pick it up.

I have been preparing for the trip anyway. H has been helping put toys together in zipper bags in like groups (pirates are all together, cars together, etc). We're packing movies into an overhead visor storage case. The Leap Pad toys I ordered for the kids are due to arrive tomorrow, and we still need to get a new DVD player for the car, but we have plenty of books and some new CD's to listen to and the toys are all organized.

Tomorrow will be dedicated to preparing up the van with a tire rotation and clean-up inside and out. Plus, packing the "travel bag" of clothes for the road trip and generally packing the rest of the clothes we'll need over the summer. Thursday I plan to look for a DVD player, and hopefully get the kids to the children's museum for some play time. I also need to clean up the backyard and garage (to put Frank's beast inside). Friday will be packing up the van and heading out.

I have a pretty ambitious plan in mind, but I also have flexibility built in, with hotels along the way if we need to go that route. I am really hoping to stay on military bases or with/near friends whenever possible so that we are safer and can relax a bit. Best laid plans will, I am sure, be debunked here over the next week or two of blogs. As long as we have no roaches where we stay, I think I'll be content!

No comments: