Monday, May 5, 2008

Silly concerns

Is it too early to be concerned or annoyed about stupid things? I was doing laundry today and there was some of F's stuff in there. Obviously he couldn't wear nothing the last day or so or take all of his dirty laundry with him, so there would be some dirty laundry that lingered after he left. I washed and dried it and put it away, along with other laundry that had been piled up on his dresser. So now, he's put away until he gets back.

He left a set of dogtags on the top of the mirror of his dresser. They jingle when you open and close the drawers or bump the dresser. They're the ones he wore to Kuwait, and there is a small picture of H etched onto one of them - his nine month photos. I also saw a medal in his bottom drawer that he carried with him last deployment. Why wouldn't he take these things with him? Why did he choose one set of dogtags over another? Silly, but this bugs me too. I think I'll try a set of dogtags etched for him with K & H either together or one of each of them, new ones, maybe with photos from H's 3rd birthday next month - have them snap one of K as well.

As for those crazy monkeys, well they are singing "no more monkeys" as they jump on K's bed. Then one will turn off the lights and say "night-night time" followed by the other doing the same after they collapse in giggles together. I'm hoping that I don't end up with either of them in the ER for some monkey related jumping today. And I'm hoping the jumping wears them out.

We did some shopping today at the outlets. Both kids had outgrown most of their PJ's, and are now happily wearing new jammies - H in Buzz Lightyear and K in Kitty jammies. One more thing they are happy about. All-in-all, they seem to be adjusting pretty well to Daddy being gone. K has mentioned a few times today doing things with Daddy, but I think she's just too young to understand the way H does that it will be a while before Daddy comes home.

H asked for pancakes for dinner, and I made them. I thought about actually cooking something else but since it was what he asked for, why not? He actually wanted blueberry ones, but we're out of blueberries, so he asked for strawberry pancakes. Never heard of them, but why not? Hope this attitude (mine, not his) is not a sign of the way this deployment will go, or they'll be (even more) spoiled rotten before F returns.

No comments: