Monday, May 12, 2008

Just realized a week has passed

Is it possible that it has "only" been a week? Okay, eight days, but it seems like a lifetime already in some ways, but in others it seems like he just left. Like when the kids were playing under the bed in the guestroom and found his dirty socks and a pair of sweats that needed to be put in the laundry. Guess I need to check under the beds more often, huh?

We all had a tough time getting moving this morning, but once we did, we hit the local mall, which has a fantastic toy store with a train table that the kids LOVE. K got her hands on a Kitty purse (pink, of course) and would not let go if her life depended on it, I swear. Needless to say, it came home with us, along with a hair bow and a set of animals for H that have holes and laces for him to work on lacing. I am not sure why he needs to practice lacing, but its something that they are "supposed" to do at some point.

Yesterday I bought them each scissors, kiddy scissors, but still. Now, there are paper bags cut up all over the house and I spend more time "helping" them cut (a.k.a. "Mommy cut this for me") than pretty much anything else. Again, not that they need to cut anything so much as they are "supposed" to do so eventually, right? H got monkey scissors and K has tiger ones. They do love them. Now I'm just waiting for the hair to start going and the clothes and the furniture and all of the other things that safety scissors are not supposed to be able to cut.

F's parents sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day. They are yellow and sunny and bright and cheery and they really did make my day. I didn't get a chance to call to thank them tonight (we had a "high maintenance" evening), but it really did mean a ton to me. K says they are her flowers though, and she is convinced they're from Daddy for her. Hey - I guess that makes two of us that are happy with them, so who am I to argue? (Plus, have you ever tried arguing with a nearly 2 year old? Kind of pointless!)

No comments: