Monday, May 26, 2008

Monotony can be good

Well, its been a quiet weekend here, which is nice. We did make an invasion, I mean trip, to IKEA which is one of my favorite places to window shop and explore. Of course the kids are like a herd of elephants in that place, and it is tough to keep them flowing in the direction of traffic and it was a busy day there so it was a bit crazier even than normal. We also went to Best Buy and got grandma a wireless router (meaning got me a wireless router) so now I can veg on the couch and write my blog and other "necessary" luxuries.

I also got some close toed shoes - not sure how I managed to leave the house without them in the first place, but somehow I did. We had planned on taking a trip on the local scenic railroad, but it really looked like rain and since it stops at a waterfall that is pretty nice to splash in, we decided to wait it out and see if we can make the trip on a sunny day. Next weekend is supposed to be pretty nice, and I think a trip to our zoo may be in the future. We've also decided to go ahead and do 'swim school' even though it will be 4 days a week, so starting June 2nd the kids will become more water mobile, I hope.

Aside from that, we are keeping busy with tons of toys, new, borrowed and brought with us, and the kids are having tons of fun. I've been able to nap almost every day, which is fantastic, and if I can ever get the kiddos back to napping at the same time, life will be about perfect!

No comments: