Friday, May 9, 2008

Kind of a poopy day

I woke up with K just after 7:30, which was great. But then, I logged on to the computer a few minutes later, just in time to see F logging off of Yahoo messenger. This morning we didn't do a whole lot, then this afternoon Mommy had a doctor's appointment. The kiddos slept for about 1/2 an hour on the way to the base hospital. I had brought the honking big double stroller thinking that both kids might sleep through my appointment, but instead they woke as I put them into the stroller, and both stayed awake through the appointment and beyond. My regular doctor was gone, a fact that I would have known had my cell phone not died while I wasn't looking.

Okay, so other than the start of missing F online and very short naps for the monkeys, the day itself wasn't so bad, so here is where the poopy part was. We're home and they are playing quietly upstairs, too quietly. I go up, and there is H bragging to me that he made big poops on the floor of his room, and sure enough he had. I look at the loving little sister who idolizes him, and don't you know she has removed her poopy diaper and dropped that onto the floor. Fantastic!

Just before dinner time, K said she was hungry, then passed out sleeping. I make H dinner, then put him in front of the TV watching Cars where he passes out. So of course, K wakes up and I need to make her dinner. After that, I get H into his own bed for the first night since F left, and then get K fed and snuggled into bed with me for a while. Hopefully she'll go back to sleep soon. Right now, she's "helping" me type - by climbing in my lap in between the laptop and my line of sight, sitting on my arms so it is tough to type. She's looking pretty awake, and I might well be in for quite the night between the two of them!

No comments: